I don't think anyone could prepare you for the pain and difficulty you would have to face being away from your family. I knew it would be coming to me and I had a year to prepare for it but it made no difference.
I have an extremely close bond to my Mum. She's my best friend, my rock and I love her more than anything. So being 3,000 miles away from her? Is SO hard. Especially when she goes through rough patches and I'm not there to give her a hug, support her and make her feel better.
I moved to America in January, married the loveliest guy in the world and I couldn't be happier. But the pain never goes. I still have moments where I just want to be with my family, my pets, my friends. It's hard, but I have found ways to cope with it. I know I'm not the first person to go through this. I will see them again, and that's what I just have to keep telling myself.
This is me and my Mum, a few years back.

No comments:
Post a Comment